Classical, Opera | MP3 CBR 320 kbps | 01:06:15 | 153 MB
Label: Aparté | Release Year: 2017
Around 1600, a group of Florentine aristocrats inspired by the ancient Greek tragedy gave birth to opera. In the manner of the ancients, they seek to represent the human passions so that their intensity purifies the soul of the spectator. To free the affects through the theater and music, to purge the spectator from the unavowable feelings which he secretly experiences is the process borrowed from medicine and then from the ethics that Aristotle binds to the scene, catharsis. Xavier Sabata chose the most dramatic pages of Italian composers and librettists from the 18th century in the lyrical repertoire. Pages that suggest and see the harshness of outraged, wounded or desperately passionate characters. By entrusting them to the voice, opera becomes the medium par excellence of the purification of torments. The voices of the first tragedians presented themselves to a spectacle characterized by the porosity of the arts: music, theater and dance formed a whole, the parts of which contributed together to the moral edification of the spectator. It is this timelessly baroque polymorphic of the opera that Xavier Sabata restores in this new album. Actor before becoming a singer and perfecting his extraordinary counter-tenor voice at the Escola Superior in Musica Catalunya and at the Musikhochschule in Karlsruhe, Xavier Sabata puts his talents as a theater at the service of the expressive powers of the music. The author of Bad Guys, led by George Petrou’s Armonia Atenea, returns here with a flamboyant opus. The communicative pleasure of incarnating musically anger and excess sublimates these tempestuous passions and leaves the listener, at first shaken by the striking contrasts of orchestral writing, amazed by this sonorous staging. This new opus, Catharsis, enriched the collection of recordings of the contre-tenor with Aparté, in a new work in the image of the singer who goes further in emotions; Always more shifted, always more intense.
01. Adelaide, Act I, Scene 12: Recitativo "Ciò che donò la frode"
02. Adelaide, Act I, Scene 12: Aria "Alza al ciel pianta orgoglioso"
03. Griselda, Act III, Scene 3: Recitativo "In te, sposa Griselda, mi uccido"
04. Griselda, Act III, Scene 3: Aria "Cara sposa"
05. Griselda, Act III, Scene 14: Aria "Vorresti col tuo pianto"
06. Il Farnace, RV 711, Act II, Scene 5: Aria "Gelido in ogni vena"
07. Adelaide, Act I, Scene 12: Recitativo "O del moi caro ben"
08. Adelaide, Act I, Scene 12: Aria "Già mi sembra al carro avvinto"
09. Admeto, HWV 22, Act I, Scene 1: Introduzzione. Lentemento
10. Admeto, HWV 22, Act I, Scene 1: Recitativo accompagnato "Orride larve"
11. Admeto, HWV 22, Act I, Scene 1: Arioso "Chiudetevi miei lumi"
12. La conversione di Sant’Agostino, Part II: Recitativo accompagnato "Viver vogl’io sempre per te moi dio"
13. La conversione di Sant’Agostino, Part II: Aria "Or mi pento"
14. Caio Mazio Coriolando, Act III, Scene 8: Recitativo accompagnato "Spirate, o oniqui marmi"
15. Caio Mazio Coriolando, Act III, Scene 8: Aria "Voi, d’un figlio tanto misero"
16. Temistocle, Act III, Scene 3: Aria "Ah, frenate il pianto imbelle"
17. Il Valdemaro, Act III, Scene 10: Recitativo accompagnato "Sorte nemica!"
18. Il Valdemaro, Act III, Scene 10: Aria "Quando onor favella al core"
Xavier Sabata, Armonia Atenea & George Petrou – Catharsis (2017) Download, Warez, DDL, Free, Full Album, Torrent, Legal.